HELPING STUDENTS “MAKE THE JUMP”
When students transition to middle and high school, they face higher expectations and more risks. Yet they often have much less support from parents and teachers than they did in elementary school.
CSC’s “Making the Jump” program provides the extra support students need to succeed in the upper grades. CSC’s Transition Coordinators work with at-risk students starting in 5th and 6th grade, helping them to:
- Prepare for the next level through introductions to their future schools, classmates and teachers.
- Succeed in school by developing organizational, time management and study skills.
- Grow personally by learning how to seek help, develop a strong sense of identity, and make good decisions.
- Envision the future by exploring colleges and careers.
- Create positive peer groups through teambuilding activities.
Students in “Making the Jump” meet weekly after school during their middle school years. Students at high risk may also participate in a four-week summer program. To learn more about “Making the Jump,” please contact email@example.com