SCHOOLS WHERE ALL STUDENTS CAN THRIVE
A community school is a school in which community organizations offer coordinated educational and social services within the school building. The school becomes a hub of resources that support learning and nurture the well-being of students and families.
As a lead partner for the Tukwila and Highline School Districts, Community Schools Collaboration helps the schools be more effective at their most important mission: educating children. A CSC site manager is based at each community school site, where she or he:
- Communicates with teachers to identify and assist students with academic challenges.
- Provides academic support after school, including tutoring and homework help.
- Offers hands-on projects to enhance schoolday learning.
- Coordinates with community partners to provide enrichment activities ranging from dance to art to sports.
- Brings health services and education into the schools, so that students are healthy and ready to learn.
- Reaches out to parents/caregivers, and encourages family involvement in the schools.
For a list of CSC community school sites, please click here.